Tags: cold, cough, drugs, effects, fever, flu, health, lingering, medications, slight

Still Tired

On Health & Drugs & Medications » Cold,Fever,Flu,Cough

7,172 words with 11 Comments; publish: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 23:17:00 GMT; (90062.50, « »)

All Comments

Leave a comment...

• 11 Comments
    • viruses can last for weeks. don't worry. as long as you are not getting worse, there is no need for concern. continue to drink a lot of fluids and get a lot of sleep.
      #1; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:37:00 GMT
    • Well Couger its seems that we are in the exact same boat. I have the exact same symptoms as you have. I was getting worried that it was something more serious but I guess its just a virus that takes awhile to get over. I have had this thing for a week or so and it doesn't seem to be get any better. I just look forword to that one day it finally leaves. Good Luck!
      #2; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:38:00 GMT
    • Can anyone tell me if a cold may have lingering effects after 10 days. When I first came down with this cold I first noticed a cough,slight temperature and aches, runny nose and especially tired. The tiredness was real bad for the first two or three days and was still bad after 5 days got somewhat better after 8 days but has not completly gone away. I still have tiredness and weakness after 12 days and its starting to worry me. I'm not running any temperature,but I still feel that cold like feeling. To me it feels more like the flu than a cold but I didnt have high temp or bad stomack. Any ideas?

Actually, just because you don't have a high temp or bad stomach doesn't mean you don't have the flu. The flu is respiratory - not digestive.

Did your symptoms come on suddenly, or did it just get worse over the course of a few days? If it came on suddenly, it's probably the flu. If it came on over the course of a few days, esp. if it started with a sore throat, then it's probably a cold / virus and if that's the case, it can last from one to two WEEKS, and after that you bet you'll be tired! :eek:

I'm having a horrible cold / virus thing right now too and I know I'll be tired long after it's gone! ;)

Good luck and feel better! Be sure to drink lots of water and get a lot of extra sleep if you can.

#3; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:39:00 GMT
    • I can relate. Last week I started with a slight fever, body aches, headache and coughing. This came on suddenly.

I have had the flu shot so I didn't think that it was the flu although the symptoms were the same.

I am still tired and achy but have no fever. I am going on 9 days.

Let us know when you get better.

#4; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:40:00 GMT
    • So glad I found this board, as I'm on my 19th day with this horrible flu; worst ever. Started suddenly w/fever/chills/horrible body aches/weakness.......

Now my sinuses have kicked up. Tried to get into a new Dr., but after reading it's taking others a long time to recupe, guess this is just a long one.

The pain & weakness are the worst. Guess I must be getting a little better, as the achies don't hit til about 2PM. Taking tylenol suppositories which I hate to do as it's so bad for the liver, but can't handle the pain.

I'm lucky in that I don't have to get out of the house, so the computer is pretty much all I "do".

Hoping we all recover SOON!!............carole

#5; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:41:00 GMT
    • I posted before Christmas about that virus and I am just now able to do things without getting completely exhausted and short of breath. Hang in there. It has been over 3 weeks now.
      #6; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:42:00 GMT
    • I came down with the flu on December 7th. Headache, congestion, severe back pain, extremely tired. Got better, thought it was over, then had back pain return. After a week or so I was feeling better again, started doing things, then bang, back pain returned, then followed by headache and congestion, yellow mucus from sinuses, heavy chest. I've never imagined so many other possibilities that the flu might be instead of the flu. It's hard to just wait for it to go away without having fear that I might be overlooking some other life threatening problem. But then again, everyone seems to be imagining these same things. Had two friends go to hospital only to be sent home to wait it out. It's so good to find a place where people can share their symptoms. It helps to relieve the anxiety. I understand this is worst in California and the West.
      #7; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:43:00 GMT
    • I've been extremely tired for 16 days now. Something came on fairly suddenly in the middle of the night, although I did start feeling weak throught the day. I stayed up all night until 10:00am vomiting, and then with diarreha. After 2 or 3 days, I started eating normally, and began feeling like myself. But 16 days after the onset, I'm still very tired. I've never felt this fatigued, and plus my head still feels very foogy. Needless to say I'm very depressed about this becuase I'm usually a very active person. But the best thing that came out of this by far is that I've quit smoking. Any ways, hope everyone gets better.
      #8; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:44:00 GMT
    • Does sound like the flu. I had it really bad the first 4 weeks; gradually getting better but still run a low grade fever/achies every afternoon.

Something I just read about and I started that I like is "Elderberry Extract". It's an anti-viral, helps w/pain & achies & fever.

I got mine at the health food store.

LIGHT**********carole

#9; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:45:00 GMT
    • The flu/colds this year are real doozies! I came down with the flu a week ago today and was very sick last Saturday with a fever of 101.2, extremely bad sore throat, headache and chills. Then on Monday, I thought I was feeling better and by Tuesday the cold part hit me and hard! I have had the worst cold in years. I was tired, had a stuffy nose and runny nose, irritated throat and headache 99 temp all week. Just today I am starting to feel like I can function so I ran a couple of errands this morning and now I feel like I just ran a marathon. I am completely wiped out. I know it's only been 7 days total for me but I have a feeling I will be runned down for several more days. I have been taking LOTS of supplements too. I tell ya, the germs that are out there this year are very strong. :eek:
      #10; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:46:00 GMT
    • I sure hope this is what is going on with me. I got the flu on Friday, January 6. Had a fever of 102 degrees, congestion, sore throat, aches, etc. It was pretty bad. I took Tamiflu and started feeling more "normal" on Wednesday, January 11. Normal, that is, except for extreme fatigue. I can hardly function, I am so tired. This morning (Saturday the 14th) I got up for about 3 hours and then had to go back to bed for 4 hours, I was so wiped out.

Now I'm worried I have something like Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or something. I sure hope this is normal for the flu. I haven't had the flu in over 10 years.

#11; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:47:00 GMT